This News Letter includes 1. Pro:Centric Direct 4.0 Release 2. Online Certification Program 3. IPTV Tuning in Stand-alone Mode 4. Security in Hotel TV
At LG, we are constantly innovating.
We’re not just focused on new products, however. We’re constantly looking for ways to improve our customers’ experiences of our existing product line. We want to share some of those improvements to our popular signage solutions with our trusted partners.
- Pro:Centric Direct 4.0 Release
- Online Certification Program
- IPTV Tuning in Stand-alone Mode
- Security in Hotel TV
Pro:Centric Direct 4.0 official release
We continue to refine Pro:Centric Direct. We’re excited to present the latest update to the acclaimed Hotel TV solution A plethora of new features can now enhance the guest journey and provide new services for both guests and hoteliers.
Pro:Centric Direct and SuperSign CMS online certification program
You will be able to increase your solution knowledge with on-demand video tutorials, FAQ and exercises that simulate the real-life issues which can arise during installations. You can also request a private session to receive a live evaluation that will allow you to become an officially certified LG solution partner
You can achieve one of two different certification levels:
- Level 3: You can configure, troubleshoot, operate and deploy LG solutions on Hotel TVs or signage monitors.
- Level 4: You are able to develop external interfaces on your own (PMS, QMS, etc.) and manage communication with third-party servers.
Certification brings many benefits, such as original certificates as a verified partner, virtual badges, professional support for field installations and more.
IPTV tuning in stand-alone mode through the native Hotel TV UI
In order to increase the stand-alone functionality of our Hotel TVs, we are introducing IPTV tuning from the native channel map. It doesn’t require manual clone file editing nor solution connections.
You can add your multicast IP channel information directly on the TV. Furthermore, you can use the “Export Clone” feature to copy the settings to as many TVs as needed.
For a full demo displaying this feature, please see the video below.
Superior security in Hotel TV
Commercial webOS platform is a must-have choice for security of hotel guests.
- Platform is optimized and revolved for B2C Usage
Source code level released
- Able to attain high authority level only by 3rd party develope
System & Security Control
- Security issues have been reported through various media
- Improved for B2B usage from LG webOS smart TV platform
Dedicated API(HCAP) & SDK only
- Limited access to API by 3rd party developer who signed NDA and DLA
Not provisioning any dev. environment for system level
- Permitted to develop & deploy a TV application by authorized SI only
Thank you for being a valued partner
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions about anything in this newsletter or anything else.