What is OLED?
OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diodes) is a flat light emitting technology, made by placing a series of organic thin films between two conductors. When electrical current is applied, a bright light is emitted. OLEDs are emissive displays that do not require a backlight and so are thinner and more efficient than LCD displays (which do require a white backlight).
The Self –Emissive OLED Display
· No Back Light Unit : Light leakage free
· No Liquid Crystal Layer : Wide viewing angle, Faster response time
· Simple Structure : Less components, Slim / sleek design
Advantages of OLED screens
· Accurate color reproduction
· Infinite contrast
· Increased viewing angle
- Self-lightening pixels of OLED produce infinite contrast and perfect black without light leakage.
– OLED provides accurate & stable color reproduction.
– Accurate color expression of the input signal
– Always produces accurate colors for both bright & dark images.